If you’re working in hospitality, you’re probably familiar with a lot of "dos" and "don’ts" when it comes to service expectations and practices within the industry.
While we're all working towards the same goal of providing a positive and memorable experience for our guests, exactly how we're supposed to achieve this can also become convoluted and confused. With infinite amounts of hospitality businesses, managerial styles, and varying service expectations depending on venue and environment, we've compiled the seven unforgettable steps to ensure success at your hospitality workplace.
Here are the seven unforgettables:
- You must always be immaculately groomed and in your correct uniform - no exceptions.
- Acknowledge each and every guest at your soonest opportunity, even if you are busy.
- Anticipate guests’ needs and always know what you are serving. Anticipation is your greatest tool.
- Establish rapport with your guests in a personable, confident, and courteous manner.
- Never say “no”. If you are unable to fulfil a guests’ request always offer a reasonable alternative or check with your supervisor.
- Where possible, escort guests rather than point in the right direction.
- Smile. We know you have a great one!
Remember these seven golden hospitality rules, and you'll be cruising through your hospitality role. Following these steps will result in a positive work experience for your guests, yourself, and your surrounding coworkers.
Drawing on 12 years of hospitality experience and coming from a Communications background, I am passionate about all things hospitality. From industry insight and experience, I join BENCHMARQUE in the effort to inspire 100,000 people to commence and grow their professional hospitality careers by year 2020.